Make sure that your video and sound card drivers are up to date! This might be one of the biggest issues that no one checks for. Somtimes Unity3D doesn’t automatically select your best graphics card if you have more than one. Upgrading your graphics card driver may help. For help updating your drivers, here are some handy links:
Windows 10 | Mac OS X | Linux
Your operating system might need an update as well, so make sure that your computer is as updated as possible.
We do small fixes and patches frequently, usually afer you guys let us know of a problem, or if we discover something while testing. If you had an issue and go back to the game in a few days, we may have patched it while you were gone. So check our news section to see what has been updated.
Steam sometimes fails to install or update games correctly. If CHKN didn’t install properties then some funky stuff can happen. To make sure your installation is fine right click CHKN in Steam and select Properties. Then navigate to Local Files and click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button. In rare cases the installation might be broken even though all files pass the validation. In that case all you can do is uninstall and re-install the game.
If you’re still having issues, there are two ways to get help!
- Post in our Steam Forum and explain your issue. Other people may have experienced the same issue and come up with a solution.
- Send us an email explaining your issue and attach your error log to help us figure things out. CHKN error logs can be found in these locations:
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CHKN\CHKN_Data\output_log.txt
- Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Katapult/CHKN/Player.log