We need your help to test full controller support on Pre-Release. If you have a controller handy, here are the details:
- CHKN will now automatically detect when you have a controller connected. Woot!
- We’ve added cursor emulation so you can control those parts of the UI without needing a mouse.
- You can disable this emulation in the Options menu if you prefer the OS cursor, but heads up that this completely disables the ability to use parts of the UI with the controller and you’ll need to use a mouse, too.
- We’ve added default bindings for the following controllers (so far):
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 4
- Steam Controller: Default bindings are coming soon. In the meantime, you can set your own bindings (for any controller) in the Options -> Controls menu.
New Bug Fixes
Thanks to all your bug reports, we’ve updated the main live build with some bug fixes. Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented saving new creatures to the Workshop
- Fix to UI errors when hosting a multiplayer game
- Fix to bad Adventure Mode starting point (that was causing players to appear on top of the temple instead of inside it)
- Fixed a bug that occured when all bindings were removed for a key that caused errors and conflicts across many systems (like creature building)
- Fixed bug that prevented beam creature revival
- Inventory and bonding screen can no longer be toggled when remote controlling a creature
- Improved charge ability collision detection
- Added check for duplicate blocks on host
- Added logic to place creature root in the correct position when the creature is reassembled
- Fixed floating legs on pause
- Fixed bug when placing blocks very quickly
- Fixed bug with saddle breaking all item usage
- Increased leg detection check range
- Added check for chain data being set on root chain before updating animations
- Added check to prevent rare client error message on creature death
- Various bug fixes across all game systems, mostly network related
- Fixed issue where tamed creatures would sometimes freeze after teleporting to player
Screenshots Now with New Ansel Support
nVidia Ansel is now available in CHKN! If you have a compatible nVidia video card and the latest graphics drivers, press ALT+F2 in-game to take fancy screenshots and even 360° views. Try it out!
More updates are on the way. See you then.
– Team CHKN